It is very important to note that when travelling on a safari luggage is kept to a minimum because of space constraints. This includes all hand luggage and camera equipment. Bags should be
soft-sided and flexible to facilitate packing into the trailers and belly pods of the vehicles and aircrafts used to transfer guests between the camps.
We therefore strongly recommend that;
- You travel with ‘soft duffel’ or ‘backpack’ style bags. Please do not bring hard-body or wheeled suitcases as they will not fit properly in the vehicle trailer, and also will not fit on the luggage compartments of the light aircrafts normally used.
- Lightweight clothing of neutral colours that blend with the African bush and forest are preferable during summer.
- Warm wear such as jackets and jerseys, again of neutral colours, should be brought along during the winter months as it can be very chilly on the early morning and late evenings. In some parts of the country temperatures can even fall below zero degrees Celsius.
- Trousers, long sleeved shirts and blouses are also necessary as they minimize the chances of getting bitten by mosquito.
- Closed, comfortable walking shoes or gym shoes are a must in all seasons.
- Bring along a sun hat, preferably wide brimmed, as opposed to a baseball cap.
- Also pack a good quality sunscreen, polarized sunglasses and a mosquito repellent to use at dawn and dusk.
- A small day pack can also become handy for your prescription medicine, lip balm, moisturizer, binoculars, camera, camera batteries, sunscreen lotions, insect repellents and other small items.
It is a booking requirement that all travelers take out comprehensive travel insurance. This should be done at the time your booking is confirmed and your deposit paid. All clients should be fully insured against accident, all medical eventualities, repatriation, cancellation, curtailment and default. Moonstroll Vantage Expeditions or any safari company acting on its behalf cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to baggage and personal effects. This should be covered by your travel insurance policy.
Consult your doctor or pharmacist to seek professional medical advice recommended for travel when visiting Africa. Anti-malaria precautions must be taken, and these are the sole responsibility of the client. It is the responsibility of clients to advise us prior to departure of any specific medical conditions.
It is the sole responsibility of the client to ensure that all passport and visa requirements are fulfilled prior to departure. Please, note that country entry regulations change daily. Therefore consult your travel agent or relevant embassy for all details such as VISA FEES and opening hours.
- Each client is solely responsible for obtaining all necessary visas when planning to join a moonstroll vantage expeditions’ safari.
- Moonstroll Vantage Expeditions (Pty) Ltd does not accept responsibility for changes in regulations or VISA requirements.
- All the travel information provided here is given in good faith. Therefore, it should be treated as a guide only.
MOBILE CAMPING SAFARI
What is a Mobile Camping Safari?
This is a tented camping safari whereby guests are transferred in four wheel drive vehicles from camp to camp. In case of Botswana, these safaris offer affordable African vacations and take guests to some of the best wilderness areas the country has to offer. They are privately guided and therefore usually consist of guests travelling in a small group with a professional guide and a staff complement made up of the safari chef and one or two camp assistants.
These safaris give some of the best safari experiences as they provide access to some of the prime wildlife areas and make use of the private, unfenced, natural campsites to be found within Botswana’s famous game reserves and national Parks.
MOBILE CAMPING SAFARIS
“It’s all about going back to the basics, back to the way safaris used to be―camping under canvas in the African wilderness, eating under the stars, moving from camp to camp and leaving nothing behind, apart from our footprints.”